Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing 13: Delicious Tagging

I practiced tagging sites using Delicious. Delicious seems like a great tool for organizing bookmarked websites. I am one of those people who bookmark any website that seems useful for present or future use. However, my list of bookmarks becomes enormous and then I don’t even know what I have. I imported my bookmarked sites to my Delicious account, and I found some things I had forgotten about. Not only I am organizing my bookmarks, but I’m also being able to find them and use them.
Learning about tagging is an on-going task, and I am still working out more details. I did however figure out a way to export my bookmarks into an html document that I can share with anyone. I figure I can export a series of related websites for my students to search. They can then use them in their work. Another way to share my bookmarks is to provide my students/colleagues with my username and having them do user search.

No comments:

Post a Comment