Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thing #14: Technorati

Technorati is a good tool to search specific categories for websites, news, blogs, and other pages. The tutorial video explains how Technorati is useful for people with experience, but they also discuss how someone knew to the site can also explore it and soon find reading materials. From my point of view, Technorati is just a different search engine. Because of its categories, I can see how it can help me when I don’t know where to start, but on the down side, all the searches I have tried gave too many results. It then becomes overwhelming and unnecessary. Once I start tagging my own sources, I am sure this will be more useful and easier to use since I would have more practice. I also claimed my blog at Technorati and am waiting to see how it increases traffic.
I understand Technorati better than at the beginning of this program, but I still have a long way to go. Hopefully with more practice, I can learn real ways to use and adapt Technorati to my needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment