Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #20: The Tubes








We all know that visual and auditory aids help get the point across much better than just a lecture or endless explanation of something. So, YouTube and TeacherTube provide educators with an ocean of possibilities to get the point across. They key to successful use of these resources is planning. I need to plan ahead of time to give me the opportunity to search for the material, prepare it for presentation, and test it to make sure it will run with the school’s computers. Sometimes searching may take some time, but there is always something useful to be found. Creating an account makes things easier since I can mark videos as favorites, and they will be stored for the next time I need them.
The YouTube video above is titled Web 2.0…The Machine is Us/ing Us. I chose because it portrays how the web has changed and is becoming part of us, just like we are part of it.
The TeacherTube video is an Animaniacs video of the 50 States song. My daughter really liked it; it’s a happy song!

No comments:

Post a Comment