Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #21: Videocast



Creating this videocast about collaboration was fun! I tried playing a little music, but I don't think that's one of my gifts. I did however think it was extremely easy to create the project. Photostory is a must to teach my future second graders how to use. I believe Movie Maker works in a similar way, so I am on my way to test my hypothesis. For now, I am planning on having students create a videocast about themselves as beginning-of-the-year project. I think students may like this tool because it provides an alternative for shy students, who may feel performing on video is too much. Students can create a journal of what they have learned during a project, field trip, or the whole school year. Another use can be to create a tour of the library for teachers and parents. The best part is that it is all done with pictures.
The videos we create can also be uploaded to YouTube, TeacherTube, or Flickr!

1 comment: