Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Thing #11: Library Thing

The Library Thing has opened one more door of possibilities! After creating my account, I added my beloved Harry Potter series and some other books I have been enjoying lately. I was immediately able to find many, many other members who also enjoy these books. There were conversations, in which I already had something in common with these users. However the talks were not necessarily about the books. Users were talking and giving opinions about so many different topics.
I can see how I can use the Library Thing to create book talks and book clubs online. Students and teachers who enjoy the same type of books can discuss these books, review them, and recommend new titles to other members.
All these features can also be used to enhance library patrons' experiences. The Library Thing for Librarians offers interaction, reviewing, and recommending for school personnel.

1 comment:

  1. Don't you love this tool? I see so many possiblities for using this in the classroom and the library. What a great tool for students to keep track of the books that they have read. I really look forward to using this in my class and having students create their own book lists.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete