Friday, July 17, 2009

Thing #3: Blog & Avatar

Creating this blog was a breeze. I already had the account set up, so I just added a new blog. I also customized the colors a little. Creating the account and the blog the first time was not difficult at all. The website walked me through some very simple questions. And then it was done!

The very new experience for me was the avatar. It was so fun to go through so many clothes, accessories, and themes. It reminded me of the Wii game in that the game, too, requires you to create a customized player. I would like to find new websites that provide avatars to allow my students to create their own. I know they would love to do this, but Yahoo is blocked in my district. Hopefully, I can either get them to unblock it, or I can find a different site to create them before the year begins again in August.

1 comment:

  1. Elisa,
    I also agree that students would love to create an avatar. They love to "decide" things in their world. A blog makes them feel in control, when they are at an age that feels so out of control to them. I have a 6 year old son, and I have been thinking I will bring him on my account so he can create his own avatar. I am a little hesitant because I fear he will forever be asking me if I will let him make another one! We'll see...

    ReplyDelete